New OpenSubtitles.com KODI Subtitles addon

We proudly released OpenSubtitles.com KODI addon - please use this one, the other one will becoming obsolete.

Please register (or import your account from opensubtitles.org) on www.opensubtitles.com and use these credentials in configuration of KODI OpenSubtitles.com addon

Download:

Source code:

This thread will be used to discuss new OpenSubtitles.com KODI addon.

Hello,
There is an error in the addon (libreelec 11.0.4) 1.0.4
When the addon download subtitles, it’s trying to saving it from tempory file and name to the subtitle destination, saving the name file with space so it’s not working.
Maybe it’s not for all version language and condition

[OpenSubtitles.com:resources.lib.subtitle_downloader] - XYXYXX download '{‘link’: 'https://www.opensubtitles.com/download/

error : CPythonInvoker(23, /storage/.kodi/addons/service.subtitles.opensubtitles-com/service.py): script successfully run
error : onExecutionDone(23, /storage/.kodi/addons/service.subtitles.opensubtitles-com/service.py)

onExecutionDone(23, /storage/.kodi/addons/service.subtitles.opensubtitles-com/service.py)
error : OnDownloadComplete - Saving of subtitle storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.subtitles.opensubtitles-com/temp/<id.srt> /SubtitlesFolder/The Nutcracker And The Four Realms.he.srt failed

ok, thank for reporting. we are also struggling with the naming of certain files depending on their language, for example pt-BR, will try to include a fix for your problem in next release.

I’m still running Kodi 17.6 (Python2) and no intentions to update because it works 100% perferctly fine.

As your new Kodi plugin is for new Kodi (Python3), can you provide a quick patch which change this API thing and keeps plugin working. Upgrading Kodi only because one plugin sounds unreasonable when everything else works super smoothly.

I know for sure, I’m not the only one with this problem.

Or if someone else knows what to change, I would be more than happy to patch my plugin manually.

someone made a branch for older python, you can try it here

Hello , I have instaled Kodi 20, I import from old site the pasword, and when I try to download subtitles, I find them, but I cant download them. Faild…
I use fire TV. Any solution?

it’s all about:

• getting the proper extension (opensubtitles.com 1.0.4 from official repository )
  • finding the settings for the extension
  • entering the username in the username field
  • entering the password in the password field

if that still doesn’t work you can open a ticket https://www.opensubtitles.com/en/contact keep in mind we don’t have physical access to your device, so rely on the informations you provide